--That is known as the "pipe" character. On my keyboard it is shift-backslash. (\) Anybody know the ASCII value offhand?
--For foreign (non-english) characters, I find it useful sometimes to cut+paste.
Originally Posted by fjon13
$ echo "DEFAULT=userdef" | knoppix-customize --action set_syslinux_opt --image knoppix.iso
In Linux command lines like the one above how do I make the vertical line between(userdef" ? Knoppix) ?
I am using a 103 MS type keyboard! Or does one have to use it to complete the command?
Thanks John
--That is known as the "pipe" character. On my keyboard it is shift-backslash. (\) Anybody know the ASCII value offhand?
--For foreign (non-english) characters, I find it useful sometimes to cut+paste.
Originally Posted by fjon13
I believe it is 166.Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
Right on!
Thanks! John

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99
Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00
Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor – LGA 1700 – Unlocked
$280.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99