--That is known as the "pipe" character. On my keyboard it is shift-backslash. (\) Anybody know the ASCII value offhand?
--For foreign (non-english) characters, I find it useful sometimes to cut+paste.
Originally Posted by fjon13
$ echo "DEFAULT=userdef" | knoppix-customize --action set_syslinux_opt --image knoppix.iso
In Linux command lines like the one above how do I make the vertical line between(userdef" ? Knoppix) ?
I am using a 103 MS type keyboard! Or does one have to use it to complete the command?
Thanks John
--That is known as the "pipe" character. On my keyboard it is shift-backslash. (\) Anybody know the ASCII value offhand?
--For foreign (non-english) characters, I find it useful sometimes to cut+paste.
Originally Posted by fjon13
I believe it is 166.Originally Posted by Dave_Bechtel
Right on!
Thanks! John

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99