I'm wondering if anyone else is having problems with fish lately (KNOPPIX 4.0.2CD knoppix-installered to hdd)?
I find sometimes, when working with files remotely thru fish:// in konqueror that a wierd temporary file and file address is created that canot be saved after I edit an existing file. I noticed this first of all when using OpenOffice Write remotely. I've also seen this while using kate, but not kwrite.
Sometimes, when using OpenOffice remotely, say viewing a *.ppt in Impress, I loose X-windows and the whole PC hangs! The whole GUI goes grey. The mouse still moves around, but there's nothing to click on! I can't even open a new terminal (<crtl><alt><f2>) or restart the current termninal (<ctrl><alt><f7>)!
This is new in my experience with Linux in general and KNOPPIX in particular. That's why I left WimpDoze in the first place lo these many years: to avoid problems like this that are all too common in the other OS....
TIA,
AJG

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00