Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: I need help with making a cd

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1

    I need help with making a cd

    So I downloaded the .rar file named KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN. It is 695mb. I want to run linux off of a live cd, and I want to make the cd myself. How do I go about burning this cd? Should I extract all the contents of the .rar and make it an .iso? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm completely new to the Linux scene, except for a live cd of an older version of Knoppix I once used. Thanks everyone.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

Similar Threads

  1. Making New CD
    By texasclaw in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 01:12 PM
  2. Just making sure
    By Jessse5935 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 11:57 PM
  3. Making an ISO for CD and DVD
    By sbassi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-22-2004, 09:09 PM
  4. making a new CD
    By Colonel Sanders in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2003, 06:23 PM
  5. deb making
    By _r00t- in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-22-2003, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested

$149.99



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640

$39.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE

$199.99



Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$349.95