-
Senior Member
registered user
Adding ISO boot to lilo
Hello, I am having no success trying to add an entry to boot directly off the KnoppiX5 DVD image I downloaded with bit-torrent. I have extracted the kernel and miniroot files but would otherwise like to boot from the ISO image directly. The download is OK, and a similar setup is actually working if I extract the two big cloop images, but the "bootfrom" cheatcode has never worked for me, so perhaps I am misusing it... hdc5 is formatted as NTFS
Code:
image=/boot/KNOPPIX_V5.0DVD-2006-02-25-DE.kernel
initrd=/boot/KNOPPIX_V5.0DVD-2006-02-25-DE.mrt.gz
label=knoppix5dvd
vga=0x317
append="ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init bootfrom=/dev/hdc5/Download/ISOs/KNOPPIX_V5.0DVD-2006-02-25-DE.iso lang=en apm=power-off nomce quiet "
I suspect it's got useful information buried, but the "ISO boot from FAT/NTFS/USB (GRUB.exe, grldr from boot.ini)" thread has just grown absurdly long, sorry.
Similar Threads
-
By HiniBa in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-12-2005, 06:13 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By anmar in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 11:13 PM
-
By averylowiq in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 03:36 PM
-
By hairston4 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-13-2003, 05:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

256GB 4x64GB Samsung DDR4-2666 ECC LRDIMM M386A8K40BM2-CTD6Q Server RAM
$1699.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Lot of 14 SK hynix 32GB DDR4-2933 ECC RDIMM 2Rx4 HMA84GR7JJR4N-WM 448GB
$2499.99

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99