I used to use windows hyperterminal to do it in windows and I think minicom is a decent serial comm. program. See http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249007
Im using a CISCO 1900 switch and Im trying to access it through the COM1 port. How do I do that with KNOPPIX 4.0?
I used to use windows hyperterminal to do it in windows and I think minicom is a decent serial comm. program. See http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=249007
depends on how you want to connect...
minicom is great to connect to the console port "out of band". you will need to setup your minirc.dfl config file to work with your device. here is what i use to connect to a netscreen 5gt devices
# Machine-generated file - use setup menu in minicom to change parameters.
pu port /dev/ttyS0
pu baudrate 9600
pu bits 8
pu parity N
pu stopbits 1
pu minit ~^M~
telnet is great for connecting over the wire. if your workstation and your router are configured correctly, just perform the following from a konsole or rxvt terminal window (using your router ip address of course)
telnet 192.168.0.1
ton's has been written about managing cisco devices with linux
http://www.google.com/search?hs=kDc&...ux&btnG=Search

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Sandisk 16GB 32GB 64GB 128GB Cruzer Blade Flash Drive Memory Stick USB Lot Pack
$88.90
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95