-
Unable to drag/drop folders from an old hdd to a usb hdd.
The setup I am using is I boot from the Knoppix cd. The old hdd is not bootable or accessible from when I have it in another box as a slave. So I have it as a slave drive in another box and trying to drag/drop folders into the usb hdd. Does this usb hdd drive have to be formatted to Fat32? When I right-click the drive to make it writeable, I get the error "The partition /dev/sda1 is of type NTFS". I am a rookie with Knoppix
-
Senior Member
registered user
yes preferably it should be Vfat or a "Linux" filesystem, ext2, ext3, reiserfs... and it must be made read/write with rightclicking the icon, choosing actions and choosing change read/write mode (or something like it, not in knoppix right now).
let us hope you have no files larger than 3.99G that you want to store on that FAT drive. FAT cna only handle that as max filesize...
the partition can be 132G in size though iirc (not 100% certain, tired and trying to squeese this from memory...)
Similar Threads
-
By ESC in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2009, 05:13 AM
-
By sigmax in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2008, 03:38 AM
-
By bythesea in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
-
By Capt. Cautious in forum Laptops
Replies: 15
Last Post: 09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
-
By zxc in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 03:38 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX
$42.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00