Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: keyboard shortcuts on fluxbox don't work

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35

    keyboard shortcuts on fluxbox don't work

    Hi,
    I was trying to start knoppix 4.0 live cd on an old machine which hasn't even got a mouse. I thought that fluxbox would have been the best option for using just the keyboard.

    Looking on the web I found out how to modify the shortcuts. The fundamental program I need to run is the konsole, so in /home/knoppix/.fluxbox/keys I wrote:

    Code:
    Mod1 x :ExecCommand konsole
    but when I pressed ALT+x nothing happened.

    So I also tried

    Code:
    Mod1 x :konsole
    with the same result.

    I also tried with the various F (for example F12), since they work with this command:

    Code:
    Mod1 F2 :Workspace2
    for example. But when I tried to make them work with my command, I had no results.

    I think the problem is me, but I can't find out how to solve it.

    thanks for your help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35
    Ah, I think I got it. I just remembered that I edited the keys file being root. I guess this was the problem. I still have to find out wheter I am right, but I assume I am.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    Try to edit the '~/.fluxbox/init' file as follow:
    session.keyFile: /home/me/.fluxbox/keys

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35
    I guess I will need to restart the session afterwards, am I right?

Similar Threads

  1. Keyboard Logitech,Don't work help
    By SnoopGog in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-22-2006, 03:27 AM
  2. 4.02: standard PS/2 keyboard doesn't work!
    By rduke15 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-10-2005, 10:48 AM
  3. Keyboard won't work after boot...
    By rmcastil in forum Laptops
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:52 AM
  4. my keyboard doesnt work
    By tezkejbjes in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-06-2003, 10:29 PM
  5. extended Keyboard doesn't work
    By Thomas Bettler in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM picture

LOT 10: Samsung M393A4K40BB2-CTD7Y 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC RDIMM Server RAM

$1749.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$90.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 128GB Samsung KEY BOARD 128GB picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 128GB Samsung KEY BOARD 128GB

$150.00



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99