-
Black screen
Hi, I downloaded the latest live cd version on knoppix, the 4.0.2; I use it on my home pc and it works very well; but when i use it on my notebook it first loads, but after a few times, the screen becomes black, and the pc doesn't works anymore, untill I restart it. Why does it work so? what is the matter? Someone told me that maybe the distro doesn't have the drivers for my graphic card; it's an ATI Mobility Radeon X700...
I don't really know what to do...maybe should I try to use the dvd version?Please help me...
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
DVD and CD will have exactly the same drivers.
I don't know the exact fix, you likely will need to use sometghing listed in the cheat codes. This has likely been discussed in these forums before, have you tried using the search feature? And the CD does not include the official 3D drivers for your card, my understanding is that the ATI license des not meet the freely redistributable license requirements for Knoppix.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
I tried the Mandrake live distro and it works very well; instead the suse live distro stops on the pmcia check...
Similar Threads
-
By preet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-14-2007, 04:54 AM
-
By ShadStar in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2007, 06:50 PM
-
By RaMireZ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-13-2006, 07:12 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 06:00 AM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

Broadcom LSI Avago RAID card MegaRAID SAS 9480-8i8e 05-50031-00
$400.00

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00