Define few.
Hi,
I'm trying to repartition the NTFS (XP sp2) original primary partition of a 100 GB HDD on board of a dell inspiron 9400 using QTparted.
I selected the largest NTFS partition (the system comes with a few orther partition for recovery and some other features).
I reparted it in two parts: 60 GB + 30 GB. However, when I select the new 30 GB partition only the "property" option is available. The others are in grey and can't be selected. I commit it but I can't yet "create" the partion.
Any idea?
Cheers,
p
Define few.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
I do not know if this helps but I have noticed qtparted strugles when you have to many things do
so comit changes as you go
I also found that it does not like reiser fs
if you give some more info we might be able to help more
good luck
Good Day Pagheca,
Welcome to the forums. Hope that they are helpful and that like us you find other good information and ideas to pass on.
I did a ntfs resize using the Knoppix disk and the fdisk cmd with both a standard IDE ( under SP1 ) and a 64 bit SATA drive (uder SP2). On the former fdisk ran very smoothly and gave me no problems. Having said that, I couldn't reduce the partition sise for Win XP Pro to less than 57 GB. On the 64bit ( BTW all CPU's are AMD Athelons 2400 & 2600) I got winblow$into a little bitty 24 GB box ( & it still runs ).
The problem I had was with the linux partitions I created on the other 120GB of the drives in ext2fs. none of them were usable. I am told that the SATA format is the problem. So using the trusty old cfdisk I redid the partitions. All was visible but SuSE 9.2 would not see the partitions so I could not install. So you might consider using fdisk/cfdisk or one of it's variants instead of qParted if this is an ide drive. I hope that this suggestion may be of value to you.
I Remain ~ In Service & In Health,
Captain Cautious[/quote]
Apparently pagheca doesn't want to have a dialog, but doesn't seem to understand partitioning either.
pagheca used the word few above, which to me means more than two, or at least three, and he used this in addition to the NTFS partition, meaning he has 4 physical partitions on the disk already as far as I can tell (and not getting any feedback from him).Originally Posted by pagheca
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Commodore Amiga 500 w/ power supply, no mouse - Kickstart 1.3 + 1MB RAM
$369.00
Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$279.00
Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$84.99
Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$185.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00