Thanks for trying, but I cannot ping anywhere beyond the router. Not numeric IP nor symbolic. It's a Zyxel Prestige 650HW, if that helps.

I'm not using DHCP cos I prefer to use a static local IP for NAT through the router. I have the proper ports open in the router config (same conf as winXP, that works pretty good).

Do I really not need to run PPPoE assistant?? If not, how do I pass to the system the connection parameters of my ISP?? (ADSL user login and password?)
Outside my LAN, my ISP (Telefonica - EspaƱa) assigns me a public dinamic IP address. I post the output of some commands that could be useful:

Code:
root@nostromo:/# ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0E:A6:66:22:AD
          inet addr:192.168.1.2  Bcast:192.168.1.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::20e:a6ff:fe66:22ad/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:2752 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:2885 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:710633 (693.9 KiB)  TX bytes:361361 (352.8 KiB)
          Interrupt:22 Memory:feaf8000-0

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:500 (500.0 b)  TX bytes:500 (500.0 b)


root@nostromo:/# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface
192.168.1.0     0.0.0.0         255.255.255.0   U     0      0        0 eth0
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG    0      0        0 eth0
...where eth0 is my netcard, a 3Com (3c940). Please help me. Thanks.