Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: dial-up serial modem help?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    dial-up serial modem help?

    Trying to set up my dial-up connection with a serial 56k DiamondSupra Express modem. I have used this modem successfully in Ubuntu, Xandros, Mepis, Puppy.. I'm not exactly a Newbie, but I'm no expert either and certainly no programmer at all. I am using the Knoppix 4.0 DVD.

    Knoppix correctly detects my modem and when I try to connect to the inter-
    net, it goes through the proper motions: I hear the modem squeal and see all the lights on it go on. Fine. The K dialer says "Connecting to My ISP Name", as it should. But then, after a very long pause, an error window opens and says "Time out expired while waiting for PPP interface to come
    up." A log-in script debug window shows the following:

    ATZ
    OK
    ATM1L1
    OK
    ATDT455 1869
    CONNECT 57600

    A modem query returns:
    ATI 56000
    AT1 255
    AT2
    AT3 SupraExpress 56 pro V.92
    AT4 11151012000 r3000111170000000
    AT5 B4
    AT6 B4 UK 00
    AT7 56DPF - PLL L8571A Rev 30.03/34.00

    I would really love to go online with Knoppix; if I could do that, I would give serious thought to a permanent installation of some kind.
    Any helpful comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2

    Thanks for the "help"

    Wow! Great response guys! I guess there's a little Microsoft in Knoppix too! Never mind. I'll get the answer some other way; I won't disturb your little boy's club again.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    35
    Hi:

    I had similar Problem with the same modem, I used pppconfig and use pon and poff for connecting, it works. Try it.

    AJ

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    Lin-X won't try it, apparantly whoever it is lacks the patience and understanding required to use a forum

Similar Threads

  1. Slow modem/dial-up - FIX
    By PeterTheBike in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 03:01 PM
  2. Modem has to dial in twice to work?
    By brianinmaine in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-26-2004, 08:45 PM
  3. Dial-up Modem Issues. Keeps saying "Initializing Modem&
    By panthrax in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 11:39 PM
  4. Dial-up modem advice?
    By VeeDubb in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-03-2003, 02:41 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 10:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5

Western Digital Blue (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 64MB Cache) 1TB HDD

$19.90



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health

$78.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$343.98



ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE picture

ST2000NM0023 SEAGATE 2TB 7200 RPM 6G DP SAS MDL 3.5“ HARD DRIVE

$14.90



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



HDD 3.5

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy

$35.00