-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Harry Kuhman
- 1 Media related
2 A burner issue, such as a dirty lense (or just a bad unit, since you say it is new).
3 Something nasty that has infected your Windows system
I agree, I think it'll be 1 or 2. I think 3 is unlikely, my machine is pretty stable (oooh, I'm setting myself up for a fall, time to backup...
)
- 4 As a last desperate guess I would say something USB2 related. I don't really believe that, but I don't think USB should be used for burning media either. And you say it is a USB2 drive - you do have it on a USE2 interface and not an old USB 1.1 interface, right?
It is a USB2 port. I agree, I wouldn't burn it over USB if possible, but I have a tablet with no media drive (oh what a joy I tell you!) and so it's my only option. I'll try burning it from someone else's PC with an in-built writer.
I'm really at a loss to understand the
overwriting failed error message; I've burnt lots of CDs and DVDs with Nero 6, have made more than my fair share of coasters and had read errors during the verification pass many times, but I've never seen a
overwriting failed error.
It's a mystery to me also. I disabled it as I wasn't sure what it was on about, seems to have fixed the burning error but not the verification error.
And so it goes on...
Thanks for all your input Harry - Callum.
Similar Threads
-
By wp51dos in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-12-2009, 08:55 PM
-
By ThePotato in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By russtproof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2004, 10:43 AM
-
By chefakito in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By chrish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

WICO Computer Command Apple II Analog Joystick Adaptor NOS 72-4525
$59.99

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67