Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: no sda1 (usb pen) option

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11

    no sda1 (usb pen) option

    in previous vergions of knoppix i saved my config file to a usb pen. on v5.0 dvd it only gives floppy as a option, any one know why i cant save to hard drive or usb pen anymore? help much appreciated. can still put home directory on usb pen.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    vim /usr/sbin/saveconfig

    line 136 (or somewhere there), change /mnt/ for /medias/

    Unfortunatly it have to be done each time you want to save...

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    /media/ not /medias/ ...

    sorry!

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    11
    cheers thanks very much will try

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3
    Hello katana :)

    Did you manage to saveconfig to hd yet?
    I tried to do what SebP10 suggested (thank you for the pointing :) but have not succeded :( I failed to save that file probably due to permissions.
    Also, I'm not sure what I should put in /media/ . /media/sda2 perhaps? That's what tyhe machine I tried it says it's the ntfs partition where happily it is possible now to write :)
    How do I edit the saveconfig file to direct the script to a writable partition like a usbpendrive or the hd?

    Philip :)

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8
    The /mnt /media in not the problem in V5.0.1, the saveconfig script use /media but only address /media/fd0. There is no other option in the script but the floppy. And since the advent of the 2.6 kernels I have never been able to get it to boot with floppyconfig. I am thinking of doing a search & replace and changing all intances of /fd0 to /sda1.

  7. #7
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    This may or may not be related. I tried the Knoppix 5.0.1 on my notebook with a n external hard drive attached by firewire. After the DVD booted it showed two partition icons for the internal hard drive, hda1 and hda5 and also an icon for sda1, the external drive. I can open either internal partition just fine (one NTFS, one FAT32). But when I try to open sda1 I get an error message that says that Knoppix is unable to determine the partition type to mount sda1 and that none was provided. It is a NTFS partition, and when I wwent back to XP I could again use the drive just fine.

Similar Threads

  1. HD isn't recognized correctly/sda1 -> nvidia_cdcfbgce1
    By Metty in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-19-2006, 11:41 AM
  2. Could not make folder /mnt/sda1/Win2k_Ghost_Image
    By atman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-11-2005, 09:12 AM
  3. The Command TORAM with MYCONFIG=/mnt/sda1
    By TommyHill in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-13-2005, 05:18 AM
  4. knoppix-installer on sda1
    By rabinhood in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 01:53 PM
  5. Cannot detect sda1
    By altalingua in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 09:39 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested picture

Seagate BarraCuda 28TB 7.2K SATA 6Gb/s 3.5in Internal HDD ST28000DM000 - Tested

$670.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99



Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4 picture

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4

$39.00



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD

$329.00



Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS picture

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS

$184.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95