-
XFCE4 Remaster
Hi i have been playing with knoppix and have shrunk my iso down to a handy 240mb
I've ditched KDE and have gone for XFCE4.
My question is can i use this howto http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=18698 or something similar to remaster my copy by going into the xfce4 desktop, make my cosmetic changes and then save them to a new remaster? Currently i do all my remastering in init 2 but would really like to be able to pop into the xfce to make changes that will be saved in my new remaster. Obviously the above works for kde but im not using this anymore, can it be changed to work for xfce4?
Many thanks
-
I've been experimenting even more with the howto and I just cant get it to work for XFCE. When i try and start it I get errors such as "no screens found" and problems with "Xauthority". Does anyone know if it is possible to do this? If you can do it for KDE its gotta be do-able for XFCE hasnt it??
Cheers
-
be specifics
it should ..... but u have to post the error completely ..... i am blind here .....
-
I get Fatal server error: no screens found
Anyone have any ideas what im doing wrong??
-
are u in init 2 at that time ?
have u try only doing
#su knoppix
#start_xfce // or something like xfce_setup
then
#startx
see if that worked ... i have not try this for a long time .. but it might work ...
-
Hi, thank you for your reply. I am in init 2 and I have just tried your suggestion.
When i type startxfce4 or startx i get:
(EE) Unable to locate/open config file
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()
Fatal server error:
no screens found
XIO: fatal IO error 104 on X server ":0.0"
What am i doing wrong? I cant seem to get past this error.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you checked http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_..._Configuration ?
ps. just a suggestion, I don't really know if this is related or not.
-
Many thanks for the help, i found that my 45xsession file wasnt set to start xfce4 and it obviously got confused because i've ripped out KDE!
Similar Threads
-
By Crusader in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-16-2005, 10:50 PM
-
By shah in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 03:35 AM
-
By mzilikazi in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 06:28 PM
-
By mzilikazi in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 08:33 PM
-
By sb73542 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 06:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL “Powers On” Parts or Repair
$249.95

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic
$36.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set
$20.00