Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sound driver for 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6

    Sound driver for 4.0.2

    I have a hp a730n with 1gb and 3.00 intel 4. I have a ati raedon 9800 graphics card. When I go to cnet.com I have zero sound. I'm using 4.0.2 knoppix with the disk(not downloaded to harddrive).

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6
    what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    77
    use alsaconf in su
    choose Intel AC-97 sound card driver
    follow instructions
    configure alsamixer and/or kmix
    now all your aps will work including macromedia flash
    btw this(tips & tricks) is not the correct place to post.

    addendum:
    You might consider partitioning some space on your HDD for swap and persistant configuration to save.

    hope this helps

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6
    Thanks. I will try again. it took me a week(off and on)to get the video drivers all set up. then, I get the blue screen of death last night. So after I get everything set I will try again.

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretboy
    what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.
    In addition to this rude post that will give me pause before ever helping you, you also chose to also post this thread in "tips and tricks", a forum that states Add your Knoppix Tips and Tricks here. It is not intended for questions and not frequented by people who are here to help answer questions. And you didn't really even ask a question (note the lack of question marks and other grammer that would indicate that you are asking anything). So go ahead and put us down, don't accept any responsibility yourself.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6
    I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.

  7. #7
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretboy
    I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.
    Ok, if you say so. But we have not had other problems of such a thing happening. If another moderator did move it maybe it was because he didn't see a question and thought that you were offering information and not asking anything. And, of course, you have changed the original message, so no one but you can know what was said before the post was moved. Strange that you didn't question why it was moved until this was pointed out though.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Need help install sound driver ESS1969
    By nauttboy in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
  2. sound driver problem
    By gyanendra in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
  3. Problems with sound driver=intel8x0
    By GilGallad in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 02:47 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-12-2004, 01:27 AM
  5. Error while initializing the sound driver:
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-17-2003, 05:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details picture

Atari Home Computer Software/Books/Manuals/Magazines Lot - Read desc for details

$95.00



Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly

$23.95



Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly picture

Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly

$42.95



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord  picture

Atari 410 Program Recorder repair w manual sheet/ adapter cord

$23.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer System w/ Monitor and Mouse picture

Atari 1040ST Vintage Home Computer System w/ Monitor and Mouse

$800.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00