-
Sound driver for 4.0.2
I have a hp a730n with 1gb and 3.00 intel 4. I have a ati raedon 9800 graphics card. When I go to cnet.com I have zero sound. I'm using 4.0.2 knoppix with the disk(not downloaded to harddrive).
-
what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.
-
use alsaconf in su
choose Intel AC-97 sound card driver
follow instructions
configure alsamixer and/or kmix
now all your aps will work including macromedia flash
btw this(tips & tricks) is not the correct place to post.
addendum:
You might consider partitioning some space on your HDD for swap and persistant configuration to save.
hope this helps
-
Thanks. I will try again. it took me a week(off and on)to get the video drivers all set up. then, I get the blue screen of death last night. So after I get everything set I will try again.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ferretboy
what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.
In addition to this rude post that will give me pause before ever helping you, you also chose to also post this thread in "tips and tricks", a forum that states Add your Knoppix Tips and Tricks here. It is not intended for questions and not frequented by people who are here to help answer questions. And you didn't really even ask a question (note the lack of question marks and other grammer that would indicate that you are asking anything). So go ahead and put us down, don't accept any responsibility yourself.
-
I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
ferretboy
I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.
Ok, if you say so. But we have not had other problems of such a thing happening. If another moderator did move it maybe it was because he didn't see a question and thought that you were offering information and not asking anything. And, of course, you have changed the original message, so no one but you can know what was said before the post was moved. Strange that you didn't question why it was moved until this was pointed out though.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By nauttboy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2008, 12:46 AM
-
By gyanendra in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-05-2007, 12:40 PM
-
By GilGallad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 02:47 AM
-
By Swam in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 01:27 AM
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 05:08 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400/800 Computer CPU PCB Module Board with NTSC GTIA - Works Perfectly
$42.95

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

Atari 800 Computer CX801 10K ROM Personality Module CX801 - Works Perfectly
$23.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29