-
Compaq 1260 & Slack
Good Day folks,
While I have not seen much on slack here & I have an old Compaq 1260 with a 6 GB HD, 64 of ram & I think it has one usb port ( I'll have it back from the shop next week - power connection problem) I want to use it as a linux box. I know about the use of a swapfile to get around the ram problem but I am wondering if Slack would be an appropriate OS for this older laptop or weather it would be better to install one of the older knoppix eg: 3.6 or 7? Yes I have read all the wiki's and a good part of the material on HD install. I know the risk and assume it willingly. I do have some cmd line ability but I am not proficient and do keep a refference handy. I just don't know all the distros and have never used slackware. I am more familiar with Debian and Knoppix. I also want to learn PHLAK on a system it does not matter if I crash it. Any suggestions from you experts out there? I'd appreciate it.
I Remain~ In Service & In Health,
Captain Cautious
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2005, 07:55 PM
-
By Sammy_Jankis in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 11:04 AM
-
By gabe66 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2003, 01:47 PM
-
By ivi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-12-2003, 12:32 PM
-
By gaje in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-07-2003, 06:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99