I need a distro for three to five year old children. Preferably a live disc, but could use an installable. Just needs to be simple with a few games and a drawing program. Does not need internet or any real heavy duty functions. Trying to help out a local school put something together and the last distro I can remember was in Spanish if I remember correctly. Forgot what it was and can't seem to find it again. Could run an app over linux also, just don't know of any. Please post if you know of something suitable or if you have any ideas. Budget there is tight and extra time to do it is even tighter.
Thanks for your help.
dvryknopper: Thank you for the link. It looks like it might be an answer. Just don't know why I've not run into it before, but hoped someone had put something together. If it works on the systems we had donated, we will be in clover! It should, since I've run Knoppix on them without issues.
Much Appreciated!
I found this Distro which is specially taylored for kids, so you might want to give it a try.
It's called Debian Jr.
http://debianjr.alioth.debian.org/wiki/pmwiki.php
I recommend you try a program called TUX paint for kids, is a great program, even works on windows as well as Linux.
http://www.tuxpaint.org/
You may want to read this, too. It is on how to setup a linux distro for kids.
http://www.sf.edu/jhlavacek/computers/kids.html
http://www.edubuntu.org/
take a llook at this distribution as it looks taylored for the school environment.

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00