Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: chroot in source

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    chroot in source

    Please can you tell me exact procedure if this can be done:
    I want to start kde in choot enviroment so that I can change whatever I want (on the source) by using kde built-in tools and save that on the remastered CD... I have tried but I've encountred a lot of problems so some help would be apreciated... thx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    7
    Boot at run level 2 or 3, do the copying, chroot, startx....

    The best thing to do, from what I've read, is just move the files into /etc/skel and make sure your scripts grab the X11 stuff for KDE (which it should). See O'Reily Knopix Hacks. The last few chapters go over this very well.

Similar Threads

  1. startx in chroot
    By usha panwar in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2005, 08:37 AM
  2. Segmentation Fault on chroot source/KNOPPIX
    By britthouser in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:48 AM
  3. chroot help
    By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
  4. To chroot or not to chroot
    By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
  5. custom kernel, debian source vs kernel.org source
    By garyng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-13-2003, 09:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 64 Vintage Home Computer w/ Box, 1541 Disk Drive picture

Commodore 64 Vintage Home Computer w/ Box, 1541 Disk Drive

$580.00



Vintage Brown Leather Laptop Briefcase with Yellow Zipper picture

Vintage Brown Leather Laptop Briefcase with Yellow Zipper

$45.00



Vintage AutoCAD  2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code picture

Vintage AutoCAD 2000i Upgrade Boxed CD & Key Code

$144.45



Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s picture

Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s

$169.99



DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO) picture

DEC Vintage Module/Board Collectable Vintage chip - 1 BROKEN LEG (BO)

$200.00



Intel 1301 Vintage collectable IC Ceramic DIP  - possible cracked casing (BO) picture

Intel 1301 Vintage collectable IC Ceramic DIP - possible cracked casing (BO)

$100.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage COMPAQ Enhanced Keyboard Version I SDL Connection IBM Model M RARE picture

Vintage COMPAQ Enhanced Keyboard Version I SDL Connection IBM Model M RARE

$72.00



Vintage IBM ThinkPad T21 Laptop Type 2647 Pentium III Windows XP + PCMCIA WiFi picture

Vintage IBM ThinkPad T21 Laptop Type 2647 Pentium III Windows XP + PCMCIA WiFi

$169.00



Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working picture

Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working

$50.00