-
Internet works w/o wep, doesn't work with wep???
I am new to Linux and Knoppix, but have tons of pc exp. I have ran KWIFImanager and ran netcardconfig in the console. It works when I don't have WEP turned on but when I turn it on I can connect to my network fine but the internet doesn't work. Also DCHP works only with WEP turned off... any ideas??
p.s. Yes my WEP Key is right, lol. Thanks to all that make this work!!
-
Re: Internet works w/o wep, doesn't work with wep???

Originally Posted by
Fli
I am new to Linux and Knoppix, but have tons of pc exp. I have ran KWIFImanager and ran netcardconfig in the console. It works when I don't have WEP turned on but when I turn it on I can connect to my network fine but the internet doesn't work. Also DCHP works only with WEP turned off... any ideas??
p.s. Yes my WEP Key is right, lol. Thanks to all that make this work!!
Hi
Try this in a consol:
type "su -" then enter
iwconfig eth0 enc xxxxxxxxxx enter replace the x's with your wep key
if you have essid on you migth set this here to
iwconfig eth0 essid "Network name"
if you type iwconfig -h or --help you get all what you can do with iwconfig
At the end type network-setup enter and follow the instructions on the screen.
Happy netting
Similar Threads
-
By dragonbeast25 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2009, 11:37 AM
-
By Baron Of Hell in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2006, 12:54 AM
-
By HisHighness in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 10:20 AM
-
By sourabh in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-18-2005, 07:55 AM
-
By drg55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-23-2003, 12:47 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99