-
CDAudio Problems
Hi. Looking for some advice. Have Knoppix HD installed (April 18 version). I can read data files off my cdrom but can't play cdaudios. (It is also a DVD/CD-R if that makes any difference - I haven't yet checked to see whether there are any problems with the DVD or CD-R capabilities). The sound card works fine, as MP3's play OK. Do I need to have a line in the fstab for cdaudio, different from cdrom? From what I read, if the cdrom is working fine, the cdaudio should be automatic, in that it doesn't even need to be mounted. Here's what my fstab entry for my cdrom looks like:
/dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom iso9660 noauto,ro,user,noexec 0 0
The dmesg file confirms that hdc is the correct device:
hdc: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4120B, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
However, it also talks about a SCSI host adapter a few lines lower:
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
And, so I am wondering whether I need another line in the fstab, or whether I need to point to a different device than hdc? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. (P.S. I read previous posts going back several months and the various HOW TOs, to no avail.)
Gerry
Similar Threads
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By mindmeddler2003 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 07:29 PM
-
By lesshaste in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 05:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99