-
No Internet Via RhineII
Hi guys I've been going nuts trying to get this to work to no avail maybe I'm missing something. Let me start off by saying that I'm a newbie in linux so bare with me if I miss something. I have an integrated Via RhineII (VT6102) ethernet card on my mobo. I cannot get internet to work booting from CD or HDD, last night my HDD burst into flames so I've been trying to get internet to run from Live-CD with no luck. I am NOT using a router, and my modem is Cable Motorola SBV5120 Surfboard.
pump -i eth0 shows failed.
ifconfig -a lists my ethernet card
lspci -v shows my ethernet card
lsmod shows mii used 1 via_rhine AND via_rhine used 0
I have tried acpi=off at boot and tried turning off apic in bios
netcardconfig fails with dhcp broadcast and if I manually enter values for IP SUBNET and GATEWAY I still cannot connect or ping anything.
If you need anything else in order to help please ask, I thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By jtrain9 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By linux03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:31 PM
-
By MetalliMyers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 3.40GHz Socket AM4 CPU 32MB L3 Cache
$174.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core i7-11700T 1.4GHz Processor 8-Core Socket LGA1200 SRKNT
$129.95

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW
$399.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

Dell Latitude 5420 14" - Core i5-1145G7 - 8GB - 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro - WARRANTY
$276.35

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00