-
How to set up a server (complete noob)
Ok, so I need to run my own web server and run several cgi scripts on it for a project. The problem was that I was trying to do this on windows with IIS, windows does terrible with cgi scripts, especially since most are written forUnix. So I downloaded Knoppix (on it right now) but being a total newbie I can't figure out if it comes equipped with any sort of web server tool to do so (such as apache). Any help on getting started would be appreciated, thank you.
P.S. Also windows has a tool called camtasia that can record what your doing on screen, does knoppix have anything liek that? I need it for the project to show what I've done, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Iane in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By Deathwalker in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:42 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 07:31 PM
-
By bigbadgreen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Portable SSD External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2 Fast Transfer 1TB-128TB
$38.99