-
No Internet Via RhineII
Hi guys I've been going nuts trying to get this to work to no avail maybe I'm missing something. Let me start off by saying that I'm a newbie in linux so bare with me if I miss something. I have an integrated Via RhineII (VT6102) ethernet card on my mobo. I cannot get internet to work booting from CD or HDD, last night my HDD burst into flames so I've been trying to get internet to run from Live-CD with no luck. I am NOT using a router, and my modem is Cable Motorola SBV5120 Surfboard.
pump -i eth0 shows failed.
ifconfig -a lists my ethernet card
lspci -v shows my ethernet card
lsmod shows mii used 1 via_rhine AND via_rhine used 0
I have tried acpi=off at boot and tried turning off apic in bios
netcardconfig fails with dhcp broadcast and if I manually enter values for IP SUBNET and GATEWAY I still cannot connect or ping anything.
If you need anything else in order to help please ask, I thank you in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By jtrain9 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By linux03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:31 PM
-
By MetalliMyers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00

IBM 8286-42A Power S824 3.89GHz 24-Core P8 Server IBM i V7R4 3 OS ENT Enablement
$8900.00

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM Server Rackmount Sliding Rail Kit ( Part Numbers: 00D9375 / 00D9374 )
$24.99