-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: I feel so dumb :(

Originally Posted by
nycblkboy
Ok i have the exact same problem with my eathernet connection. I have a router and i can ping it so the computer is at least seeing the card. I can also ping other computers on the network. I just can't get any internet access.
I doubt very much that you have the exact same problem. Are you using a RhineII interface? You din't make that clear, but if not then your post does not belong in this thread.
I expect very much that your problem is router related rather than interface related. If your router has a feature to limit access by MAC address, temporarly disable that and try again. Otherwise power down the router and try again. If both of these fail you might need to reset the router. By the way, it's not a Belkin router, is it? (I have seen some DHCP problems with older Belkin routers.) If none of this works post back hardware information and what you get when you run both ifconfig and netcardconfig.
And I'm assuming that you are running from the Live CD or Live DVD and have not done something foolish and failed to mention that.
Similar Threads
-
By solbergg in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 03:11 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-25-2005, 02:13 PM
-
By jtrain9 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By linux03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:31 PM
-
By MetalliMyers in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-28-2003, 03:24 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$117.45