All of her problems (even some windows ones she may not know about yet) can be solved without remastering with a simple fix. See answer #4.
I have a clueless friend who wants to try Linux instead of paying to upgrade all her MS stuff to full versions now she is no longer a student..
However her DSL connection (99% of her needs) needs setting up and I thought it might be possible to just replace some of the files on the actual ISO with the connection params .. Im not adding or removing packages, just want to change what is needed and already installed....
Could I just edit the files in the iso image after mounting it -o loop and burn it?
Is this do able or do I need to completely remaster
All of her problems (even some windows ones she may not know about yet) can be solved without remastering with a simple fix. See answer #4.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
True, problem is her DSL modem is part of her contract and her ISP is notoriously bad...
For some reason I can get her to change to linux but not change the ISP its somerhing about having to pay for the modem she is 'loaned' if she cancels early.. and she also has her phone and cell with the same company (France telecom)
I get 22Mb/s + FREE phone + 100+ TV channels for the same price she pays a month... and they support Linux !
So I was hoping to get her a quick fix for now but I want the Cd to reinstall working because her business partner is against using linux ... in case Im not around (and he really doesn't like me much either) so I thought a live CD pre-configed with the pass/user and VCI settings means she can't break it!
Assuming that she didn't accept a USB-only modem, she can and should still add a router. If she has a usb-only modem then she should replace it one way or another.Originally Posted by gowator
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Yeah right, replace one outdated bity of equipment with another. DSL modems are a thing of the past and incredibly slow... why get a 8Mbit a sec max DSL modem when she can get ADSL2 at 22Mb/sec?
The thing is I have about 2 spare unused DSL modems she could have for free but she doesn't want to break her contract with her ISP.
The reason for her dumping office is because of legal reasons in that she is no longer a student and since she is starting her own business it makes no sense to risk keep using windows and office on a student license after she finally graduates.
Her ISP provide her a DSL modem, she is contractrally obliged to use it until the end of her contract, if not she will be fined about $150 (charged for the modem) by breaking her contract before the year period is out. They do this by 'leasing' you the modem over a year and then if you try and change ISP they hit you with a bill. Suggesting she break her contract is not constructive, she won't because her DSL line, cell phone and landline are all on the same operator and her business number will be lost, advertising need reprinting etc. etc. etc. Her phone company is particualry spiteful about this, wqhen I left them (after the 12 month period and being completely sick of them) they played a game with me for 6 months charging me and forcing me to go tot he bank every month to prove the contract had finished. If she leaves they will make sure she doesn't keep her phone line and she will be without any hpne for at least 2 weeks....
I don't know why Im bothering writing this... your answer to everything is summed up in SEE FAQ... and RTFM... you are a waste of time, goodbye (where the heck do they drag mods from nowadays, where is cuddles?)
i guess if you can be bothered you'll ban me for this so what....
Something useful.Originally Posted by gowator
KNOPPIX-pre-unionfs[<3.8]
KNOPPIX-post-unionfs[=>3.8]
Thanks maxIT, that was exactly what I was looking for!Originally Posted by maxIT

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$70.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card
$26.21
NOB VINTAGE Earthlink MailStation Standard 120 - Email Appliance
$29.99