I have been happily running Knoppix with the 2.4.27 kernel for about 16 months. 2 days ago, I switched from dial-up to broadband. I was sharing the dial-up connection with an ad-hoc wireless network. Everything worked fine. With the broadband connection, I now have a WAP/router, and have reconfigured the wireless card for a managed (WAP) network. Obviously, I now have a lot more traffic running a lot faster through the wireless card than previously. Now I can't seem to go more than a few hours without the PC locking up completely. The only option at this point is a power-cycle reboot. The problem happens with both the 2.4.27 and 2.6.7 kernels. More particulars:
- Wireless card is an ADM8211 chipset.
- Using ndiswrapper with the netadm11 .inf file set.
- kdm
- 467 MHz Pentium, dual-boot Linux/Win 98
I'd like to try another non-ndiswrapper driver, but so far all I have found is the adm8211 package, with a nightmare of dependencies.
Suggestions ?
Thanks !

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$678.00
Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03
$99.95
Lot of 10 Avago AFBR-57G5MZ-ELX 32G SR SFP28 850nm LC MMF Transceiver
$200.00
Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$180.00
$35.00