I have been happily running Knoppix with the 2.4.27 kernel for about 16 months. 2 days ago, I switched from dial-up to broadband. I was sharing the dial-up connection with an ad-hoc wireless network. Everything worked fine. With the broadband connection, I now have a WAP/router, and have reconfigured the wireless card for a managed (WAP) network. Obviously, I now have a lot more traffic running a lot faster through the wireless card than previously. Now I can't seem to go more than a few hours without the PC locking up completely. The only option at this point is a power-cycle reboot. The problem happens with both the 2.4.27 and 2.6.7 kernels. More particulars:
- Wireless card is an ADM8211 chipset.
- Using ndiswrapper with the netadm11 .inf file set.
- kdm
- 467 MHz Pentium, dual-boot Linux/Win 98
I'd like to try another non-ndiswrapper driver, but so far all I have found is the adm8211 package, with a nightmare of dependencies.
Suggestions ?
Thanks !

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 24-Bay Server 2x E5-2680 V4 -28 Cores H730 32GB RAM
$500.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99