-
problems with boot use
Ok so I've never used linux in any form. My whole family is made up opf programers who do however so when I ran into a little virus problem and they recomended using Knoppix as a dvd/cd boot. (Yes I did the whole safemode and so on type stuff but this thing won't let me get rid of it)
So here's the deal. I've downloaded the iso and burned it, and knoppix boots up but says it can't find a knoppix file system and gives me the limited shell. My brother was going to walk me through fixing my computer over the phone, but was confussed when knoppix didn't fully boot up. I know I shouldn't have to install anything to make it work so I'm wondering did I burn the dvd wrong? What should I do?
My goal is:
I need to go into my windows directory and change the name of or just plain delete the files running the virus. I know which ones and where they are, but with them always running I can't get rid of them.
I would just use a dos boot if I had one, but its a laptop and so there's no floppy drive. If someone could help me get Knoppix either completely running or could even point me to a cd/dvd dos boot disk I'd be ever so greatfull.
Similar Threads
-
By Mooga in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-19-2005, 11:49 PM
-
By michaa in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:33 PM
-
By fishjg in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
-
By Loper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:38 AM
-
By _CaLeB_ in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 06:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Apple II V2 ANALOG VGA & Z80 PCPI Applicard Softcard PicoPal IIe
$56.99