-
Ethernet card not detected
I am trying to get a plain-vanilla ethernet card - a Linksys LNE100TX (known to lspci as Linksys NC100) to be detected. Tried both 2.4.27 and 2.6.7 (originally installed from Knoppix 3.6). It shows up fine in lspci -v - has I/O ports, IRQ 11 - looks fine.
Unfortunately, eth0 doesn't show up in ifconfig - or anywhere, for that matter - "Device not found". No mention of it in dmesg, either.
Sounds like I'm missing a module or something ????
Previous had a wireless card in this same PCI slot, which worked with ndiswrapper, etc.
What obvious thing am I missing ?
Thanks !
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Ethernet card not detected

Originally Posted by
Steven2ic
Tried both 2.4.27 and 2.6.7 (originally installed from Knoppix 3.6). It shows up fine in lspci -v - has I/O ports, IRQ 11 - looks fine.
Sounds like I'm missing a module or something ????
What obvious thing am I missing ?
By the use of the word that I made bold above, are you telling us that you "installed" Knoppix? If so, this is one of the most common and oldest problems that punish people who do this, it is the oldest reported problem in the HDD install forum and has been going on for years, it is a prime reason why we advise people not to try to install Knoppix and to install a version of Linux intended for hard disk such as Debian instead. Does Knopix when booted from CD work just fine?
-
OK - found the problem - Needed to add the tulip module (modconf, choose tulip from the list).
Not exactly obvious.
Similar Threads
-
By Matthew87 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-17-2006, 02:29 AM
-
By Francesco Pietra in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2006, 07:02 PM
-
By Arabian in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-06-2004, 05:32 AM
-
By Koji-Kabuto in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 04:51 PM
-
By rec9140 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-22-2003, 07:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99