Hello,
Recently, I installed Windows on top of my FC4 installation and I think I screwed up. I booted into Knoppix and wanted to reinstall grub by issuing the grub-install command but it returned with an error saying that it could not find /boot. The reason I think that I screwed up is because when I was installing Windows, I'm pretty sure that it removed my /boot partition. Whether that was something I did by accident or that Windows required, not sure. However, this leaves me with two options to fix my machine so I could boot back into Linux.
1. How do I recreate the /boot partition and install grub?
2. I will have to backup my old data and reinstall linux.
The problem with option 2 is that I was using md raid0 setup and knoppix is trying to mount each drive seperatly. e.g. /dev/hda1 /dev/hda2... etc. Below is the copy of my backed up fstab file used in my original system:
The /dev/md0 partition is composed of /dev/hda1 and /dev/hdd1, is there a way that I could verify this? The problem I am having is that I am pretty clueless about how I can access the / mount point. I tried to do this:Code:/dev/md0 / ext3 defaults 1 1 LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2 none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 none /proc proc defaults 0 0 none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 /dev/md1 swap swap defaults 0 0 /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0 /dev/hda4 /mnt/volume1 ext2 defaults 0 0 /dev/hdd3 /mnt/volume2 ext2 defaults 0 0 /dev/sda1 /mnt/volume3 auto defaults,users 0 0
thenCode:mdadm -A /dev/md0 /dev/hda1 /dev/hdd1
The mount complained about a bad system type. What am I missing? Let me know if I can provide any additional information. I have a backup of my /etc/ directory and I can boot with knoppix to gather anything else.Code:mount -t ext3 /dev/md0 /mnt/system
Thanks,
Matt

Commodore 1750 Ram expansion for parts cardboard 5 slot expansion interface Lot
$199.95
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great
$700.00
COMMODORE 1581 3-1/2" FLOPPY DRIVE WITH JIFFYDOS. TESTED AND WORKING
$325.00
Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Untested Good Physical Condition Oct 1985 No PS
$210.00
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 64 Drive Alignment & Utility Diskette
$9.99