-
Here's what I did....
OK. I got it solved! All I need to do was to go to /usr/bin/X11R6/xf86config and run it. I entered all the relevant details - mouse type, keyboard type, monitor type, graphics card type, etc. INCLUDING the horizontal and vertical refresh rates. This seems to have reset all the settings made automatically done by X and the screen now runs fine @ 1024x768. I've got full graphics ability and OpenGL is smooth.
I know I'm new to this, but I found that particaular program easy to configure and it did the job easily. No need to reset X either!
S D
Similar Threads
-
By Vishwas.Bhat in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 06:02 PM
-
By pkg in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2006, 05:56 PM
-
By rehorne in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-13-2004, 09:41 AM
-
By jeanthibca in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-23-2004, 02:33 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 07:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$94.95

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00