-
First timer, my wireless card won't work?
I'm new to this whole Linux thing.
Anyhow, I booted up with knoppix 4.0.2 and it all worked great, except that I can't get online through my wireless network.
I've tried to configure stuff, but when I'm messing around trying to find different options it usually asks me for a "root" or "administrator" password.
So what can I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.....and is there some kind of default password to access the other settings?("root" and "admin")
Thanks again.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Try temporarily setting a password and then it should be there to enter. The wiki mentions how to do this. I don't know whether then passwords file is stored in the ramdisk or not, but if it is you should be ok and be able to use the password you enter for the duration of your session, then you could on the command line type savconfig and be walked through what to do to save your settings (not on an NTFS drive or partition). At boot you would type knoppix myconfig=scan to reload them. Hopefully this will be of help, I will try this on my own live cd by tonight to confirm for you, I'm using accelerated knoppix which is based on 4.02 and should still work the same.
Similar Threads
-
By cliffd7 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-30-2007, 08:30 PM
-
By g4hsean in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2006, 10:03 PM
-
By Jonny_S in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-22-2006, 05:38 PM
-
By gamezealot in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-10-2005, 12:19 AM
-
By Carlsym in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 05:14 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts
$49.78

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00
$199.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve
$449.50

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”
$100.00

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery
$99.99

NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage
$200.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99