Hi,
I am a newbie to Knoppix & Linux. I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2, checked the md5 checksum, burnt the CD & tried to boot. But whenever I try to boot from the CD, it does the priliminary checks and afet the autodetecting status bar reaches the ma, display done & kind of hangs. At this point of time my floppy drive is busy, CD drive will not respond & i cannot type anything. I tried with testcd & it showed that "everyting seems ok". Only when I tried with failsafe i could type in after autodetect but then it has no impact what so ever.
I tried with expert & myconfig=scan modes also.
My system config is
P4 2.4Ghz, 512 MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional SP2,
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
I have the adsl connection on my system.
Please help me as I am desperate to get Linux running on my system.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99
RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
Samsung 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4 3200 ECC RDIMM Server RAM M393A4K40EB3
$2000.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$155.19
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99