just restart X, that will restart the mouse.
or even reconfigure the mouse, usually that should work aswell.
I have 3 computers set up with a KVM switch (p/s not USB). Every time I switch to another machine my Knoppix machine loses mouse function. I have to reboot to get it back. When this happens I just plug in a USB mouse I keep handy, but this is a pain. Any trick to get the mouse back working from within Knoppix? I am new to linux somewhat, but I'll try anything. Thanks.
Hal
just restart X, that will restart the mouse.
or even reconfigure the mouse, usually that should work aswell.
The thing is won't I have to shut down running programs to restart X? Or is there some way to do that? If I have to stop the programs I might as well reboot. I tried the reconfigure idea, but it didn't seem to help. Thanks anyway.
Hal
You can restart X by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.Originally Posted by hrobinson57
Or by running "sudo init 2" from konsole, and then "sudo init 5" to start X again.

Western Digital WD2003FYYS-05T9B0 2TB 7.2K SATA 3.5'' Enterprise Hard Drive
$30.76
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Toshiba 1TB 2.5" SATA HDD MQ01ABD100V 5400RPM 9.5mm Laptop Internal Hard Drive
$53.99
HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00
Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Seagate ST2000NM0055 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD | Enterprise |
$69.00