-
Help with WLAN & DMA??
Hi
I have a hp nc6220 notebook, and I installed knoppix 5 (knoppix installation type, not debian) so you can say that i'm a first timmer!!
- I'm getting the message " DMA is turned off, check disk it might be very slow " when i start knoppx. I really don't know what to do, could someone help me??
- I can't use my wlan either, it finds my wireless router, but I can't surf the internet!!???
- When I want to reboot my machine, it just hang it self just after "preparing to reboot...." message, so I have to hold down the power button for 5 sec. or the pc won't turn off!!! could anyone tell me how to solve this problem??
- one last thing is that knoppix choses the generic videocard configration, and for that the graphics are slow and bad. is it possible to download the driver (for linux) for the videocard?? or is there another way around this problem??
thx for all your help
/muffe
PS!
TAKE IT STEP BY STEP WITH ME! AS I SAID I'M A NEWBE WITH LINUX!!!
Similar Threads
-
By miami797 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-04-2006, 06:46 PM
-
By knop in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 03:11 AM
-
By Rudy75 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 12:58 PM
-
By esher2292 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2004, 04:54 PM
-
By efflandt in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-14-2003, 03:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99