Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP needed!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    HELP needed!!

    Hi
    I have a hp nc6220 notebook, and I installed knoppix 5 (knoppix installation type, not debian) so you can say that i'm a first timmer!!

    - I'm getting the message " DMA is turned off, check disk it might be very slow " when i start knoppx. I really don't know what to do, could someone help me??

    - I can't use my wlan either, it finds my wireless router, but I can't surf the internet!!???

    - When I want to reboot my machine, it just hang it self just after "preparing to reboot...." message, so I have to hold down the power button for 5 sec. or the pc won't turn off!!! could anyone tell me how to solve this problem??

    - one last thing is that knoppix choses the generic videocard configration, and for that the graphics are slow and bad. is it possible to download the driver (for linux) for the videocard?? or is there another way around this problem??


    thx for all your help
    /muffe

    PS!
    TAKE IT STEP BY STEP WITH ME! AS I SAID I'M A NEWBE WITH LINUX!!!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Please see answer #7.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

Similar Threads

  1. Help needed on using dd
    By orbitbsl in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-27-2006, 07:29 AM
  2. Some help needed please.
    By BNU-FaNtAsMa in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-22-2004, 11:06 PM
  3. help needed
    By ryansanders2002 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM
  4. Help Needed .. in a bad way ...
    By junior in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-08-2003, 05:41 AM
  5. More Verizon DSL help needed
    By akira28 in forum Networking
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2003, 07:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$269.10



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$218.79



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive) picture

Digital Movie Poster (USB-flash drive)

$100.00