Hi
I have a hp nc6220 notebook, and I installed knoppix 5 (knoppix installation type, not debian) so you can say that i'm a first timmer!!
- I'm getting the message " DMA is turned off, check disk it might be very slow " when i start knoppx. I really don't know what to do, could someone help me??
- I can't use my wlan either, it finds my wireless router, but I can't surf the internet!!???
- When I want to reboot my machine, it just hang it self just after "preparing to reboot...." message, so I have to hold down the power button for 5 sec. or the pc won't turn off!!! could anyone tell me how to solve this problem??
- one last thing is that knoppix choses the generic videocard configration, and for that the graphics are slow and bad. is it possible to download the driver (for linux) for the videocard?? or is there another way around this problem??
thx for all your help
/muffe
PS!
TAKE IT STEP BY STEP WITH ME! AS I SAID I'M A NEWBE WITH LINUX!!!![]()

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00
SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99
TESLA OEM Model S,3,X,Y USB Flash Drive for Dashcam 128GB READ DESCRIPTION BELOW
$22.00