Hi
I have a hp nc6220 notebook, and I installed knoppix 5 (knoppix installation type, not debian) so you can say that i'm a first timmer!!
- I'm getting the message " DMA is turned off, check disk it might be very slow " when i start knoppx. I really don't know what to do, could someone help me??
- I can't use my wlan either, it finds my wireless router, but I can't surf the internet!!???
- When I want to reboot my machine, it just hang it self just after "preparing to reboot...." message, so I have to hold down the power button for 5 sec. or the pc won't turn off!!! could anyone tell me how to solve this problem??
- one last thing is that knoppix choses the generic videocard configration, and for that the graphics are slow and bad. is it possible to download the driver (for linux) for the videocard?? or is there another way around this problem??
thx for all your help
/muffe
PS!
TAKE IT STEP BY STEP WITH ME! AS I SAID I'M A NEWBE WITH LINUX!!!![]()

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES
$21.08
Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08
AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF
$215.00