-
Junior Member
registered user
So, I was trying to uninstall some packages and..
I didn't need all the stuff that the knoppix-installer program installed and only had about 2% of my HDD partition left. So, I was using kpackage to uninstall some development packages and kept getting errors about =100 could not remove packages. So, I found python package and uninstalled it because it said it was a development package. I didn't read enough and figured I could free up 340 megs to speed things up. Well that ended up ruining my load by removing konqueror and a bunch of important stuff.
Well, to make a long story short I did a reload off the CD on my dual-boot laptop and decided to choose the Debian install this time instead of the Knoopix load option. That ended up fixing my disk space isue and left me with 20% of my 2.5 gig partition. It also left me with most all the application I loved about the knoppix install like samba network neighborhood, CUPS printing. Another great thing about the Debian load vs knoppix is it gives you options to choose the level of detail in animations and such to scale to a lower end system. So, if you have a older Pentium with 128megs you should try debian load. I still have to make sure everything is working but it seems much quicker. This load also looks identical to the knoppix load. It's basically kde3.
Similar Threads
-
By harryhood in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-01-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By Lumma in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 11:16 PM
-
By cristinel in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-10-2004, 10:28 AM
-
By Liquidant in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-26-2004, 03:46 AM
-
By lilliput in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micron 64GB (32GB x2) DDR5-5600 JEDEC DIMM Workstation Memory (Innodisk branded)
$895.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00