Have any users who use a Kanotix, an hd install of knoppix, or any other debian derivative been able to get the codecs and install them to properly play quicktime files in Kaffeine?
I am using Kanotix 2005-04
Have any users who use a Kanotix, an hd install of knoppix, or any other debian derivative been able to get the codecs and install them to properly play quicktime files in Kaffeine?
I am using Kanotix 2005-04
> I am using Kanotix 2005-04
So am I. And, yes, I have used Kaffeine succesfully with a variety of formats,
including quicktime. When I first started kaffeine (actually konqueror did),
it checked my system for available libraries and informed me about
missing ones (in my case libdcss).
Perhaps uninstalling/reinstalling will help. In case of undeleted config files
in your home directory, run "strace kaffeine | less" and look for files it successfully
opens.
Oops, correction: my kanotix is 2005-03.

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00
Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00
3 Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Office 2007, Windows Vista Business Vintage
$60.00
Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00
Apple Macintosh Boot Disk System [1.0 - 8.0] 400/800k/1.4 Floppy for Vintage Mac
$14.75
Vintage Tandy Color Computer Print Master Software Manual & Floppy Disk Binder
$38.00
Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00
Vintage Toshiba Satellite 4090XDVD Intel Celeron 400Mhz Retro - Powers up Cards
$57.59