Hi,
I am a newbie to Knoppix & Linux. I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2, checked the md5 checksum, burnt the CD & tried to boot. But whenever I try to boot from the CD, it does the priliminary checks and afet the autodetecting status bar reaches the ma, display done & kind of hangs. At this point of time my floppy drive is busy, CD drive will not respond & i cannot type anything. I tried with testcd & it showed that "everyting seems ok". Only when I tried with failsafe i could type in after autodetect but then it has no impact what so ever.
I tried with expert & myconfig=scan modes also.
My system config is
P4 2.4Ghz, 512 MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional SP2,
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
I have the adsl connection on my system.
Please help me as I am desperate to get Linux running on my system.

Samsung PM9A1 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD PCIe Gen4 x4 MZ-VL21T0A 2280 OEM Tested
$105.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$15.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$427.48
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
HP ZBook Fury G8 15.6'' Intel Xeon W-11955M 2.6GHz 64GB RAM 1TB SSD RTX A2000
$599.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1769.85
Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$465.02
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$288.98
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99