Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Mouse Problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    Mouse Problem

    I have 3 computers set up with a KVM switch (p/s not USB). Every time I switch to another machine my Knoppix machine loses mouse function. I have to reboot to get it back. When this happens I just plug in a USB mouse I keep handy, but this is a pain. Any trick to get the mouse back working from within Knoppix? I am new to linux somewhat, but I'll try anything. Thanks.

    Hal

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    just restart X, that will restart the mouse.
    or even reconfigure the mouse, usually that should work aswell.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3

    Mouse Problem

    The thing is won't I have to shut down running programs to restart X? Or is there some way to do that? If I have to stop the programs I might as well reboot. I tried the reconfigure idea, but it didn't seem to help. Thanks anyway.

    Hal

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: Mouse Problem

    Quote Originally Posted by hrobinson57
    The thing is won't I have to shut down running programs to restart X? Or is there some way to do that? If I have to stop the programs I might as well reboot. I tried the reconfigure idea, but it didn't seem to help. Thanks anyway.

    Hal
    You can restart X by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.

    Or by running "sudo init 2" from konsole, and then "sudo init 5" to start X again.

Similar Threads

  1. mouse problem but only when the pc is busy
    By siculoverace in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2005, 01:13 PM
  2. Microsoft USB mouse problem.
    By Nightmare in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 09:13 AM
  3. serial mouse problem.
    By mcms in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:37 AM
  4. Mouse problem
    By pepsi in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-20-2004, 11:15 AM
  5. Mouse problem with kernel 2.4 but not with 2.6
    By jtsai256 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 02:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$53.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280  SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC picture

Samsung PM9C1A 256GB m.2 2280 SSD GEN4X4 NVME MZVL8256HDJD new Laptop PC

$34.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD

$23.00