Hi,
I am a newbie to Knoppix & Linux. I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2, checked the md5 checksum, burnt the CD & tried to boot. But whenever I try to boot from the CD, it does the priliminary checks and afet the autodetecting status bar reaches the ma, display done & kind of hangs. At this point of time my floppy drive is busy, CD drive will not respond & i cannot type anything. I tried with testcd & it showed that "everyting seems ok". Only when I tried with failsafe i could type in after autodetect but then it has no impact what so ever.
I tried with expert & myconfig=scan modes also.
My system config is
P4 2.4Ghz, 512 MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional SP2,
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
I have the adsl connection on my system.
Please help me as I am desperate to get Linux running on my system.

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASRock B650M PG Lightning WiFi mATX AMD AM5 DDR5 4 DIMM HDMI M.2 - AS IS. READ
$30.00
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
â� Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)â�
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00
Dell OptiPlex 7070 MFF Motherboard Chipset Q370 Socket LGA1151 IPCFL-BS EK C1R19
$40.99