-
Booting from Knoppix 4.0.2 hangs after autodetect
Hi,
I am a newbie to Knoppix & Linux. I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2, checked the md5 checksum, burnt the CD & tried to boot. But whenever I try to boot from the CD, it does the priliminary checks and afet the autodetecting status bar reaches the ma, display done & kind of hangs. At this point of time my floppy drive is busy, CD drive will not respond & i cannot type anything. I tried with testcd & it showed that "everyting seems ok". Only when I tried with failsafe i could type in after autodetect but then it has no impact what so ever.
I tried with expert & myconfig=scan modes also.
My system config is
P4 2.4Ghz, 512 MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional SP2,
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
I have the adsl connection on my system.
Please help me as I am desperate to get Linux running on my system.
Similar Threads
-
By jazzvernon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-06-2008, 07:10 PM
-
By shedhog in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-26-2006, 05:31 PM
-
By Voda in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By macrojen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:43 AM
-
By artur in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 07:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

HDD 3.5" SATA Hard Drive with Windows 10/Win 11 64x Installed Legacy
$35.00

Western Digital WD Red 4TB NAS Hard Drive WD40EFRX SATA 64MB 3.5" HDD
$145.00

HGST HUS724040ALA640 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5" Internal Desktop Drive 100% Health
$78.00

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

Seagate ST6000NM0115 6TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$159.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99