It's been installed and working several years - but can I upgrade the kernel-image-2.4.27 package
to kernel-image-2.6.9 without breaking the system? What preparation, if any, is necessary?
Thanks in advance.
It's been installed and working several years - but can I upgrade the kernel-image-2.4.27 package
to kernel-image-2.6.9 without breaking the system? What preparation, if any, is necessary?
Thanks in advance.
This is a very critical task.
Thearically you have to do an apt-get install kernel-image-x.x.xx, (after an apt-get update, of course). But I guess this is something possible only on a vanilla debian-install. I've failed doing that with kanotix, which install is more debian compliant than knoppix. So doing that with knx looks like quite impossible![]()
Thanks for answering. The warning it gives before install are strong. So re-install Knoppix or install Debian seem the choices. And lots of reading.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive
$69.99