-
File rescue mission
My Raid 1 array fell over again- end resuly Win XP pro wouldn't boot, wouldn't repair
I got cunning and installed XP again in WinXP folder so I now hava a Windows folder(corrupt) and a WinXP folder(sound)
If I try booting into Windows, get message about requiring DLL files.
I do need Windows as my business software is win-only.
I think from past reading in Linux that I should be able to copy all dll files from healthy folder to sick folder, and hence boot into the Windows folder Windows??
ie I need a syntaxical cp line to copy all dll files from WinXP to Windows folder that will replace the dll files in Windows folder
Any thoughts would be appreciated
As a byway- Knoppix installed, ran, AND WORKED, all sys go- THANK YOU!!
Similar Threads
-
By divali in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-07-2006, 12:06 PM
-
By smokeyone in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-14-2005, 07:24 PM
-
By gum digger in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 12:15 PM
-
By mc_03 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:36 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

MAYKU FormBox Desktop Vacuum Forming Machine W / Starter Kit
$399.00

WONHOX Vacuum Seal Backpack for Travel with Air Pump XX-Large, A68-beige
$93.82

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

Desktop Vacuum Cleaner Mini Desk Portable Dust Crumb White
$21.35

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery
$107.67