Hi,
I am a newbie to Knoppix & Linux. I downloaded Knoppix 4.0.2, checked the md5 checksum, burnt the CD & tried to boot. But whenever I try to boot from the CD, it does the priliminary checks and afet the autodetecting status bar reaches the ma, display done & kind of hangs. At this point of time my floppy drive is busy, CD drive will not respond & i cannot type anything. I tried with testcd & it showed that "everyting seems ok". Only when I tried with failsafe i could type in after autodetect but then it has no impact what so ever.
I tried with expert & myconfig=scan modes also.
My system config is
P4 2.4Ghz, 512 MB RAM,
Windows XP Professional SP2,
NVIDIA GeForce FX5200
I have the adsl connection on my system.
Please help me as I am desperate to get Linux running on my system.

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99
OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00
VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server
$100.00
OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00
Dell R730 AI Home Lab Server 128GB RTX 3060 Ti Dual Xeon 20-Core
$999.00
All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95
Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00
SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99
Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00