-
no write permission to hd
It is nice to have security but to much is a bit annoying...
I am using 4.0.2 live,
- hda3 is writable (device-read only is unchecked),
- users and group are rwx,
- rightclic-action r&w is done,
- the partition have been unmounted and remounted,
But I still have "write permission denied" when trying to write anything...
I suppose there is a trick, maybe a tip I did not know nor find already...
Can not it be a user (curently it is the knoppix default one) problem?
-
ok, after a furious brainstorming I have found:
# chmod 777 /mnt/hda3/myfolder
/mnt not /dev, allow me to do it
any way to do it easier and persistent? from fstab for ex.?
-
I'm having the same problem as you. I'm somewhat new to Linux though so could you please explain in detail how you fixed it? It would be much appreciated.
-
I'm having the same problem as you. I'm somewhat new to Linux though so could you please explain in detail how you fixed it? It would be much appreciated.
-
# mean you are in a root shell (in Knoppix menu)
chmod is the same as attrib in MSDos
777 mean read write execute for user owner group (you can do it with -rwxrwxrwx, but the former is easier!)
mnt is the logic link for dev (hardware link)
hda3 is the partition a want to mount, the number may change, if you have scsi or notebook harddrive you may have sda ... have a look at www.tldp.org partitoining howto to understand how harddisc are named
<myfolder> is the folder name you want to have access to, Linux is safe but I think it is always good not to share the drive itself...
The problem is that change is not persistent, even if you saveconfig, hope somone will fix that?
Similar Threads
-
By kenny23 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-21-2009, 11:13 AM
-
By emmbec in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 10:02 PM
-
By dark_mage in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 08:49 PM
-
By sskagent in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 01:38 PM
-
By notyper in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 03:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$950.00

Amiga BASIC Spiral-Bound Manual Book, English, For Amiga Desktop Computer
$30.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 1000 A1000 Original Angled Tank Mouse DE9 Untested As-Is Parts
$39.99

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

commodore amiga 500 computer, New in box. Only opened for pictures
$1300.00

(10) BOXED Games for Commodore Amiga 500 600 1000 1200 2000 3000(T) 4000(T)
$329.98

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

68000 CPU Amiga 2000 Slot Adapter
$25.00